Project Manager Job Description
Part-time role, 1-2 days per week. £140-£220 per day, depending on experience.
We’re looking for a project manager to manage the delivery of bespoke trails to organisations.
HiddenCity launched in August 2011 with a new way to see cities in the UK: a trail of clues by text message. If you’ve not come across us before check out www.inthehiddencity.com to find out what we are about. We also build bespoke trails, paid for by other organisations, or in partnership with them. Bespoke trails may be to promote a local area (eg Victoria or Southwark), support the brand of national media titles, or be an experiential marketing tool for international brands (these projects are confidential so we can’t say who they are for just yet…)
The project manager is responsible for the successful outcome of the project:
- On-time delivery
- Cost: labour, expenses
- Quality: in line with HiddenCity brand, a contract (if applicable) and any specifications for the project outputs.
- Customer satisfaction: hunt participants, and additionally if an organisation is paying for participants (eg Southwark Council), that organisation should be satisfied.
- Technical: Ideally we’d like someone who would like to get involved with speccing and ensuring delivery of the technical side of HiddenCity as part of the PM responsibilities, as some projects have a technical requirement (for example, for a project that we’re currently delivering some clues are released at specified times, which is a new technical requirement. That needs specifying and ensuring the tech team deliver it).
We want to hear from bright, proactive and analytical people:
- You have delivered at least three projects each with a budget of at least 30 man days
- You have experience of managing and reporting risks, issues, status, and budgets.
- You have 2:1 or first class degree in an analytical subject
- You’re savvy to what is on-brand for HiddenCity.
- You learn quickly
- You’re happy to try out HiddenCity trails out-of-hours to understand what the experience is all about, so that you can make a reasoned judgement about whether we’ve hit our quality standards for trails
- You are a native English speaker.
- You love exploring cities and enjoy travelling, should you need to in your role (we will pay your expenses).
- You are interested in working with us on other activities such as marketing
Selection will be initially by telephone interview and then a face-to-face meeting in central London.
To apply email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘project manager job application’ (don’t forget this). In your email tell us a bit about yourself (informally; show your personality):
- Your university degree and classification (eg 2:1).
- What has attracted you to this position.
- Why you’re right for the job.
We only consider applications that contain the above in the covering note.