March 18, 2013
HiddenCity is a trail of cryptic clues through the city, with clues sent to your phone by text.
We’ve launched a special 2-4 hour experience running daily from Thursday 28 March to Sunday 7 April 2013.
It’s £18 per team, for any number of people. Create your team.
We’ve teamed up with Time Out London to give you a mystery Easter experience, with cryptic clues sent to your phone by text. Navigate the trail successfully and you’ll see spring exhibitions, stroll through blossoming gardens and behold city views. Stop by pubs and cafes en route.
The trail starts in the cafe of the Wellcome Collection, a stone’s throw from Euston station. Text ‘start’ to get your first clue. Reply with the correct answer, get the next clue. Each clue leads you to a new destination.
Everyone can win: successful teams get a Chocolate Easter Egg (one per team) from Divine Chocolate. The fastest team wins a breakfast for four at the Hawksmoor Guildhall. Fancy taking your time but still want to win? Not a problem, there are bonus Easter challenges en route for the chance to win mystery prizes.
To be in for a chance of winning a mystery prize tweet a creative spring picture of your team mentioning your team name, @TimeOutLondon and @intheHiddenCity. Not sent a Tweet before? Here’s how to tweet.
Clues are designed for adults. The trail includes licensed premises. Children are welcome in all locations. Expect to walk 3 miles.
1. The team captain is the competition entrant. If you enter more than once, your first attempt is your competition entry. You must not seek help from anyone who has completed the trail. Here’s how to play HiddenCity.
2. The prizes are:
- A small chocolate egg from Divine Chocolates for every team, which you get at the end of the trail.
- The fastest team, including any time penalties, wins a £150 voucher for breakfast at the Hawksmoor Guildhall, redeemable by 31 May 2013. Hawksmoor Guildhall is open Monday to Friday.
- A mystery prize for the most creative team photo, as judged by HiddenCity.
- Mystery prizes. Challenges are set en route.
3. Visit every location.
4. HiddenCity and Time Out may publish entrants’ names, team names, results, photos and videos for marketing purposes. We won’t publish your email or mobile phone number.
5. Going to win? Great. If you win we’ll let you know within 21 days of the competition closing, and request details so we can deliver the prize to you. Reply within 14 days and we’ll send the prize within 14 days.